Texas Medical Association Minority Scholarship
Congratulations to the 2020 Scholarship Winners - Bayardo Scholars. (Press Release)
2021 Scholarship applications are currently in the review stage.
2022 Scholarship applications accepted August 1, 2021 - March 25, 2022 @ 3:00 pm.
This $10,000 scholarship is for minorities historically underrepresented in Texas medical schools and the state’s physician workforce. One scholarship available at each Texas medical school.
- Eligible applicants must be African-American/Black, Hispanic/Latino, or Native American (includes American Indian/Alaska Native or Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander).
- Students already attending medical school are not eligible. (Scholarship is for those who have been accepted for admission in the fall of the award year.)
- Must complete an application via the link below (online only).
- Provide a letter or email confirming acceptance offer and intent to attend.
- Write an essay, not to exceed 750 words, explaining how as a physician you would “improve the health of all Texans”.
- Fundraising efforts handled by TMA Foundation.
- Funds will be disbursed directly to the school in increments of $2,500 annually during the first four years of a student's matriculation.
- This scholarship is per school and does not transfer with a student should they decide to matriculate elsewhere.
Apply for TMA's Minority Scholarship HERE when available.
Questions regarding the Minority Scholarship can be emailed to Azalia.Perez@texmed.org.
[To make a tax-deductible donation to the TMA Minority Scholarship Program, you may do so on the TMA Foundation Web site,
www.tmaf.org, or contact Lisa Stark Walsh of the TMA Foundation at (800) 880-1300, ext. 1666, or (512) 370-1666, or email
Return to top